Do you have the K & R book handy?

I happen to have the book in question in front of me now after seeing your post. Exercise 5-20 states: "Expand dcl to handle declarations with function argument types, qualifiers like const, and so on."

Oh it's too late and has been too long of a day for me to go any farther than that right now.

Clay