I'm going to suggest the obvious...is gcc in your current path?

On 12/18/2012 2:28 PM, Ian D Gammie wrote:
One of my colleagues is having issues around building and XE runtime.

They are trying the following and getting a failure

- gmake is available (from the command prompt)
- gcc (and g++) can be called from the command prompt, BUT
- when trying to call gcc from a (very simple) makefile with eg. > gmake
-f makefile.txt
it fails, being unable to invoke gcc

The makefile looks as follows:

#
#
#
OS=iSeries
CC = gcc
LD = gcc
SHARED = -shared
#USESHARED = -L.:/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib -dy
CPPFLAGS = -DPASE -DUNIX -DMUSTSWAP -DHOTFIX -DTIMING -DSESSMAX=10000
CFLAGS = -fsigned-char -Wall
LDLIBPATH = LD_LIBRARY_PATH
LIB=libvpms.so
LDFLAGS= -lpthread -lm -ldl -Wall

all: utest.exe vtest.exe

.c.o: $<
$(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(CPPFLAGS) -c $<

MODS= vpmsdll.o vpmsx.o search.o pmsdbase.o pmstcp.o sar.o pmsdate.o
cordic.o goal.o

vtest.exe: vtest.o $(MODS)
$(CC) vtest.o $(MODS) $(LDFLAGS) -o vtest.exe

$(LIB): $(MODS)
$(LD) $(SHARED) $(MODS) $(LDFLAGS) -o $(LIB)

utest.exe: utest.o $(LIB)
$(CC) utest.o ./libvpms.so $(LDFLAGS) -o utest.exe

Is there something he id doing wrong or an invalid statement.?

Regards

IAN D GAMMIE
Consultant, FS
CSC

Royal Pavilion, Wellesley Road, Aldershot, GU11 1PZ
Financial Services, EMEA | p: +44 (0)1252 534251 | m: +44 (0)7917
790200 | f: +44 1252 534022 | igammie@xxxxxxx | www.csc.com

CSC • This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the
mistake in delivery. NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not
operate to bind CSC to any order or other contract unless pursuant to
explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting
the use of e-mail for such purpose