James,

What level of OS is the customer running? Does this happen with only one file or multiple files? Is journaling or some other service running against the affected files? Have you checked the see if there are any APARs against this or a similar problem?

File overrides could also affect this problem as they can affect which system entry point is used.

Mike

James H. H. Lampert wrote:
This is happening at a customer site, and we can't duplicate it on any of our boxes.

It seems that we have a call to _Rreadk() that works fine if the file is created with ACCPTHSIZ(*MAX4GB), but it crashes the program -- only on the customer's box -- if the ACCPTHSIZ is (or has ever been) *MAX1TB. Even if it's changed back to *MAX4GB.

(I don't know exactly what exception is being thrown, but I should know soon; the user said he'd email me the joblog.)

And everything works just fine on our V4R4, V4R5, V5R2, and V6R1 boxes.

And likewise, our QuestView terminal-based product works just fine on the customer box (it uses the same record-level access entry points used by OPM RPG, but calls them from MI).

Has anybody ever heard of _Rreadk failing like this?

--
JHHL