I frequently use _Rreadk with a partial key, assuming that the first part is
known. Never had any problems. Not sure, that what Ulrich writing is correct.
At least I never did like that.
_Rreadk definition is as follows:
_RIOFB_T *_Rreadk(_RFILE *fp, void *buf, size_t size, int opts, void *key, int
keylen)

You just set "key" variable to your sequence number, "keylen" variable must
keep partial key length - not the complete one.
"key" variable size is "keylen" - I never made it larger....
Variable "opts" I usually set first to __KEY_EQ and then to __KEY_NEXTEQ.

If you are still in trouble, give some more details...

Jevgeni.