Etienne,

If you want to stick to using CL's SNDPGMMSG instead of the QMHSNDPM
api, then you could create your program using two modules.  One would be
CL and the other would be your C module.
For example,
CRTCLMOD MODULE(QGPL/MYCLMOD) SRCFILE(QGPL/QCLSRC)
CRTCMOD MODULE(QGPL/MYCMOD) SRCFILE(QGPL/QCSRC)
CRTPGM PGM(QGPL/MYPGM) MODULE(QGPL/MYCMOD QGPL/MYCLMOD)

In your MYCMOD source you can call the CL module by doing following:
extern MYCLMOD(void);

void main(void)
{
  MYCLMOD();
}

And you invoke your program as usual, CALL MYPGM.

Hope this helps.

Elvis