"Westdorp, Tom" wrote:

> I've received some C code to perform sha encryption from a vendor.  I've
> gotten it compiled into a CLE module and then created into a SRVPGM, and the
> 400's happy so far.  Now I need to call a function in there.
> and I'm trying to figure out the prototype.

Tom, if you still need any help with conversion of C prototypes to RPG,
check out this page: "Converting from C prototypes to RPG prototypes" at
http://www.opensource400.org/callc.html.

It's just been updated, both cleaned up and expanded.  (It was somewhat
out of date because prior to V5R1, you had to jump through hoops if you
had1-byte char return values or several types passed by value - now in
V5R1, there is better RPG support for those types of parameters when C
is involved.)