James,

> > > Ick!
> >
> > Why do you think that ?
>
> To me (and maybe not to everyone else) the C definitions and
> structures are far easier to read and understand.  RPG just
> doesn't do pointers nicely.

But it does them nicer than ILE/CL ;-) But I understand your point, it can
often take a couple of time to read them to figure all the connecting bits
between the variables - even in a simple bit of code like in this getSnmp
example.

> The RPG version took a lot of code to do what C did in a few
> lines.

There are almost exactly the same amount code in the RPG and C versions, if
you consider that most of the lines in the C version are 'hidden' from view
by the use of #include files...