Hi Art!

>There are some unresolved symbols in
>the service programs in library Vertex
>and I found them in a service program
>with Display Service Program

Then all you should need to do is re-compile the C program and reference the
service program.  If I remember rightly, you're not a programmer, so here's
a bit of background that I hope helps.

CRTCMOD compiles a C source member into a *MODULE object.  This object can
refer to procedures in another module or service program.  They remain
unresolved until the *PROGRAM object is created.

CRTPGM binds various modules (*MODULE object) and service programs (*SRVPGM
object) into an executable program (*PROGRAM object.)  In your case, you can
create the program referring to the service program containing your required
exports by using the BNDSRVPGM() parameter.

CRTSRVPGM binds various modules and service programs into an almost
executable service program.  I say "almost" because they are called upon at
run-time to finally bind to the missing exports in your main program.

VERTAXPGM refers to procedure TAX, but the source for TAX is not in source
VERTAXPGM.  VERTAXSRV contains the procedure TAX.
CRTCMOD VERTAXPGM DBGVIEW(*LIST)...
CRTPGM VERTAXPGM BNDSRVPGM(*LIBL/VERTAXSRV)...

This'll get you a program called VERTAXPGM that will look through the
library list at run time to execute procedure TAX.

As for CL, well CL is at heart a scripting language, designed to automate
some simple OS level chores.  It's not really an application language.  I'm
not sure what you'll get by trying to do it in CL.

  --buck