  • Subject: A note to IBM of ILE/C compilator
  • From: "Adolfo Lopez Escribano" <escriban@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 13:23:54 +0200

Hello C-Forum,
Few days ago, I started to work with gnu utilities to compile (icc) and bind (ld) ILE/C programs. I'm satisfied with it, but exists a little problem that I find when I tried to compile a jni program.
I see that ILE/C compiler works diferent with the actually directory when compiles from SCRMBR and SRCSTMF
options. When the compiler works with SRCMBR option omits the actual directory (pwd in unix) and assumes that is always in root (/) directory, with SRCSTMF option, compiler works correctly with actual directory.
 I try to explain it with this sample, I have the next code as SRCFILE at  /QSYS.LIB/MYLIB.LIB/QCSRC.FILE/SAMPLE.MBR and as SRCSTMF at /mySources/sample.c

    #include <stdlib.h>
    #include <jni.h>

    JNIEXPORT void JNICALL Java_com_DoNothingDeNothing( JNIEnv *jenv, jclass jcls )
    {
            /* este pgm es estupido pero compila  */
    }

1º change directory CD '/mySources'
CRTCMOD MODULE(SAMPLE) SRCSTMF(sample.c),  with errors
CRTCMOD MODULE(SAMPLE) SRCFILE(MYLIB/QCSRC) SRCMBR(SAMPLE), without errors.
4º change directory root CD '/'
CRTCMOD MODULE(SAMPLE) SRCSTMF(/mySources/sample.c), without errors

The step 2 has problems because the include file jni.h of qsysinc has an include to  QJAVA/H/JNI that is a relative to root path. The same source compiles in step 5 from root directory.
The step 3 assume that is compiling from root directory instead /mySources, and then ends without errors.

I posted this problem to CAS IBM Spain, but I think that they doesn´t understand me. I think that Rochester must repair the qsysinc jni, jni_md and jvmdi includes members and they must check all sources with relatives paths.

Regards

Adolfo López
Aguas de Alicante, E.M.