<vendor>

Hi Billy ...

Our Locksmith archiving software for BPCS/ERP LX is a bulls-eye for your
requirements:
http://www.unbeatenpath.com/software/locksmith/archiving.pdf

The archived data is moved to a different user-invented library and stored
there with the precise file layout of the production file(s). So, if you
create a library list with the user-invented library and run BPCS/ERP LX
using that library list, then BPCS uses the data as if it never left the
production environment. Slick. Custom queries continue to work with that
same library list device.

The archiving is very configurable; you can archive slices of data by
business process by time period and point the results at different
user-invented libraries as you see fit.

Locksmith also archives and then reorganizes the key master files .... which
is handy if you run out of vendor numbers, for example.

Key final advice: don't purge anything.
Get the old stuff into a library and save it to tape and then purge the
library. But, don't just purge it.
We've had calls over the years from some places that have purged data from x
files for order processing, for example, and find out later that they have
created a mess because of orphans left behind in obscure ORD-related files.
Locksmith arrives with 100% of the files for each business flow already
identified so you never create orphans with Locksmith.

Peace to you and God bless,
Milt
Managing Partner
Unbeaten Path International