I no longer have BPCS/400 access, but worked on it for 25 years, so a lot
still sticks in my head.
I still have one of the GL cheat sheets I created for our auditors.
There will be files unique to versions of BPCS.  We never used CEF file on
405CD but there were a lot of empty files created in BPCS setup, not needed
by our tailoring.

GL Journal entries, from shipping invoicing and other transactions, were
assembled in 405CD from a combination of "regular" BPCS files:
*	IIC item class master file provided GL accounts for various kinds of
products and actions.  I don't know if standard BPCS, or just how we set it
up, but 2 letters defined regular product classes and 2 digits defined
non-part# actions, such as billing a customer for overtime or special
tooling charges, non-standard delivery, or a credit memo without specifying
part#s.
*	ITE transaction effect file had rules for every kind of inventory
action, which feeds ITH inventory history, including where in GL is to get
the transactions, from perspective of Journal prefix, which has to be
pre-defined in GL, where that pre-definition identifies how much detail vs.
summary is to be used when the transactions land there.  We had transactions
which were deliberately invisible from GL.
*	ZPA system parameters, and miscellaneous BPCS Business Rules
Tailoring file, has some miscellaneous reason codes based on which kind of
sub-system module action triggered the customer order or other actions, when
the reason codes of inventory transactions don't apply.
*	IWM warehouse master file had which GL profit center any given
transaction was to go into.  Customer service could over-rule this, and
sometimes messed up when a different facility was to do repairs, or
inter-company drop ship involved.
*	CMF cost master file provided cost of shipping inventory
transactions.
*	Customer order had pricing info, which could have come from a
variety of systems, including item list price, various discount pricing
files.
*	There were some other nuances.
*	Since GL transaction codes "assembled" from different files,
sometimes we got invalid "new" combinations, which had not yet been setup in
GL, and sometimes the finance dept clerks had trouble reconciling this.

We had auditors and finance personnel who denied themselves BPCS education,
so they were forever asking where this or that $ came from in "regular"
BPCS, so I created a modified version of the GL trial balance, which used
the codes in GL Journal transactions, which point at invoices, orders, etc.
to provide expanded info on which customers vendors etc. were the reasons
for the various transactions.

Alister Wm Macintyre (Al Mac)
Linked In https://www.linkedin.com/in/almacintyre