From: BPCS-L [mailto:bpcs-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tim Knoebel
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2015 11:37 AM
To: bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BPCS-L] BPCS 6.1 - Switch from Pick Confirm to Ship Confirm

We are on BPCS 6.1 and currently use pick confirm as the last step before invoicing.  Our Finance department has an issue with this because the 'B' transaction is generated at pick confirm.  They would like the 'B' transaction to be generated at invoicing instead of pick confirm.  The would accept the 'B' transaction being generated at ship confirm, which will be closer to invoicing than pick confirm.  I know about changing the order class code to '5' to activate the ship confirm function.  Some questions:

1.       Can an order be unconfirmed once it is pick confirmed?  For some unexplainable reason, our shipping department continues to pick confirm order lines that we don't have some or all of the item ordered.

2.       Can the 'B' transaction be generated at ship confirm time instead of pick confirm time without customization?

3.       Has anyone else run into this issue and if so, how did you resolve it?

Best regards,

Timothy J Knoebel, Sr. iSeries/BPCS Administrator

Scovill Fasteners * 1802 Scovill Drive * Clarkesville, GA 30523 * USA * scovill.com<http://www.scovill.com/>

main 1-888-726-8455 ext. 522 | direct 706-754-0522 | email tknoebel@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:tknoebel@xxxxxxxxxxx>