Thanks Alister.

It's done

Thanks
Anuj Gupta

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 8:54 PM, Alister Wm Macintyre (Wow) <
macwheel99@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am on 405 CD which may be similar to 5.1. We do not use multi-currency,
just one, Us $.
So I shall answer one approach how we can get at this. There are other
approaches, depending on precise needs of whoever wants this.

I assume when you say list number, you mean item or part#.
We use the word list in list price.

When we list items, many managers & co-workers are interested in lists by
item type, item class, item location etc. not a strict sequence by item #.
Since we are on multi-facility, some data by facility may be different than
the master info, such as class.

BPCS came with many programs to list items.
Many of my managers and co-workers do not like many of those programs for a
variety of reasons:
* Many list ALL items, including those currently inactive, with zero
quantity on-hand, zero requirements, zero other topics.
* Most BPCS reports are not in a format which is Excel-friendly.
Many
managers want to see the report data via Excel.
* IBM can display negatives as floating minus sign either in front or
in back of the #s, with CR after, but some PC products don't recognize all
these variants as a negative #.
* Green bar reports have top of page info, which would be nice to be
totally stripped out for a report headed to Excel.
* Some have the data in a sequence they do not like.
For this reason, we have both cloned BPCS programs into new versions which
satisfy the above grievances, or created whole new programs.
For example INV260 cloned - only list item if it is active, also variant
for
raw materials only.

We define an active item as one which has EITHER
on-hand quantity not zero
any kind of non-zero requirements for any kind of orders
recent history, such as YTD sales units, or used in production (issues YTD)

When you see a YTD field in BPCS files, that is year thru last completed
EOM
You have to add MTD to get true year total thru current date

IWI file contains what's on-hand in inventory, other files to get at some
of
the other activity criteria.

The CMF file has detail breakdown of where the costs come from.
The CIC file has summary totals of some costs, including active and
standard, with one record per combination item facility.
If you are not on multi-facility, then you get your summary costs from IIM
file.

We recently discovered a bug. We had thought that any activity taking an
item into a facility would automatically create the needed CIC etc.
records,
but we have discovered a bunch of items with inventory in IWI etc. for a
facility without a CIC record. We back traced this to physical inventory.
When we are doing physical & find an item not in our system, the tags input
program won't accept it, so we add IIM record, then it does. At this point
CIC record is missing. We also have a bunch of items in inventory with CMF
missing & I have not yet back traced what is causing that. This impacts
INV260 adversely, because it takes inventory totals, then looks up CIC to
see if that inventory is relevant to that facility.

I now have inventory clone programs to list ONLY the corrupted inventory
(cost records are null - CIC or CMF) and another to list negative on-hand
only because some managers are only interested in grand total inventory,
and
we need to back out the negatives.

Alister Wm Macintyre (Al Mac)
Linked In https://www.linkedin.com/in/almacintyre
reminds me I hit 30 year anniversary with my day job
Aug 1984 - 2014
a miracle of me vs. employer not annoying each other enough to part company
and of business evolution in needs matching my ability to solve their
challenges