<vendor>

Hi Jan

Just to clarify the way that AppMapper works to interface from Excel to
BPCS

i) Data can be input and/or downloaded (e.g. from PO
receipts via Excel query), or converted from .csv/.txt file into the
input excel spreadsheet.

ii) AppMapper connects the spreadsheet to your iseries
screen

iii) Appmapper uses your BPCS session and log-in
security and inputs the data real-time into the BPCS screens - just as
if you were keying but a lot faster.

a. If you don't have access to a program and/or company then you
cannot process the transaction

b. There is no RPG programming involved

iv) Appmapper is configured to pick up your BPCS
messages and feed them back into excel on the row of data you are
inputting from

a. Depending on the rules you define, it can stop the process or
skip this record and continue

b. E.g. if I have 100 invoices to book and number 80 has an invalid
PO number AppMapper will process 1 through 79, capture error message for
row 80, skip it and then process 81-100

c. The physical BPCS message (e.g. "PO not found") is populated
back in the excel sheet against row 80

There are certainly several ways for you to achieve your requirements
and depending on your budget/in-house skill sets/time constraints you
can decide which is the best route for you to take.

- I just wanted to give some more detail on the AppMapper process steps
to avoid any confusion.

Best Regards

Tony Cregg

ESS Ltd