Installment # 6 from Al Mac.

BPCS has a file naming convention.
First letter
A = Accounts Payable (our use diminished)
B = Billing
C = Cost accounting (CIC and CMF are two very critical files)
D = Distribution planning (we quit using after a fight with Infor)
E = Customer Orders
F = Factory floor shop orders
G = General Ledger
H = Purchasing
I = Inventory Items
J = Forecasting (we don't use)
K = Final Assembly Scheduling (we don't use) and MRP/MPS (we do use)
L = Capacity Planning (our use diminished)
M = Product Structure
N = CIM Path (we don't use)
O = Cash Planning (we don't use)
P = Performance (we don't use)
Q = Fixed Assets (we don't use) and Laboratory (we don't use) and Quality
(we don't use)
R = Accounts Receivable (our use diminished)
S = Sales History Analysis
T = Currency Translation (we don't use)
U = Multi-currency (we don't use)
V = Just in Time
W = Payroll (we don't use on BPCS)
X = cross reference (security problems) and documentation and multi-facility
Y = Advanced Process Industries (we don't use)
Z = System

Versions of BPCS after 405CD add more to this list.

Warning ... your company might not be using all those file applications
Warning ... BPCS files have many fields ... your company is probably not
using them all

You can also see the same kind of list Rob told you about, if you have
command line access, as I will walk you thru here.

Here is a file name = IIM
It is the Item Master

On command line, key
WRKOBJ IIM then enter key

This will tell you library name where most of BPCS files are stored, which
will help you in later explorations.

Now try
WRKOBJ II* and enter
To list all files which start with the letters II

As you can see, there are a heck of a lot of files, so it helps to know the
naming conventions, and what info you are looking for.

Pick one of the letters from the above list, such as
I = Inventory Items

On command line, key
DSPLIB and enter
This gets you a list of libraries in your library list
Do you have one which calls itself BPCS405CDF Files . that is the vanilla
BPCS place where 405 CD files go . we are not using that system

You may end up with a couple names which probably have the files . jot them
down

Earlier you got the library name for vanilla files.
This helps you find files added to your company system in modifications.

On command line, key
WRKOBJ I* then press F4
For library, key in name of library with files (one of them) which you got
from DSPLIB

If you got the right library, you end up with a list of file names. The
ones we are usually most interested in are the 3 letter names, which have
attribute PF.
PF means physical file data.
LF means logical access to a PF.
Logical access controls sequence and sub-selection.

Al Mac (WOW) = Alister William Macintyre
via WOW WAY.com ISP
2012 April I had a serious PC melt down, from which I am still recovering