Barbara

Thanks for that

I didn't use ECM for Inventory Transactions, it was used prior to me joining the company,

but I have looked at the configuration and got the basics,

I was just looking for pointers, or any pit falls others have found.

Regards

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the person to whom it has been sent, and may contain information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, you are not authorized to copy, distribute, or otherwise use this message or its attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete this message and any attachments.
<BBilgen@xxxxxxx> 07/10/2012 15:19 >>>
Graham,
The setup in ECM is very simple in order to get the posting to work. You
actually have a choice in this release as to whether you want to use the GUI
or green screen posting method (ECM605BS or BA). I have always chosen
to use the green screen method simply because it is easier to debug if
something goes wrong. You sound like you are already familiar w/ECM because
you are using it to post inventory. The same rules apply to post orders.
You need to setup your trading partner, create any entity xref between their
N1.04 value and your customer #, associate the TP with the ECM605 adaptor
and review the parms. In order to simplify the setup in ECM, I always
make the ECM TP = EDI TP. This actually helps if you decide to implement the
810/880 invoice because then you can use the TP value in your map to
select data on the outbound side. Other than that it is just a matter of
posting data and seeing what works best for your business. The beauty of ECM
is that if you require additional business logic, you can just create a new
function and add it to the adaptor stack without having to change any of
the base functionality.
Barbara Bilgen