Just to add to the array of options available.

Many years ago before I arrived someone had a great idea. When someone
logs in to BPCS, a custom CL program is called. Part of the CL program
checks a data area. If the value is 'Y' then the user is presented with a
message that BPCS is unavailable. If the value is 'N' then the user is
allowed into BPCS.

I am blessed to have HelpSystems' job scheduler available. I simply make
sure that any jobs that contain dates have been updated in the scheduler.
Part of my process is to send break messages to all my users reminding
them that month end is about to start. When the time is up, the data area
is changed to a 'Y', QINTER is taken down, a stock status report is run,
then a backup of the BPCS environment. All of the month end jobs are
executed in sequence, another backup, then the data area is changed back.
I get messages sent to my cell by another HelpSystems product if and when
a job fails. I also get messages when the backups complete.

Month end for me is usually a simple process.

I also 'manually' follow the steps above to post physical inventory. That
way no one messes me up. If there is an error, then it was me.

If anyone is interested in getting more details, I'd be happy to share.

Oh, and by the way, I have nothing to do with HelpSystems other than I'm a
happy customer.

Norman K. Boyd
MIS Administrator
Keihin Thermal Technology of America, Inc

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
message. If you are the intended recipient but do not wish to receive
communications via email, please advise the sender immediately.