Bear in mind AS/Set is a transition tool, which BPCS latest version is
walking away from.

If you search the archives of BPCS-L you will find that this question has
been asked and answered in the past. See this thread for example:

http://archive.midrange.com/bpcs-l/200701/msg00003.html

There is AS/Set education, and accompanying manuals available:

* At your company if your company has a legal copy of the tool;

* From the INFOR vendor (Infor bought out SSA);

* From UPI, which is one of several 3rd party vendors serving the
BPCS market;

* Quite possibly other places, of which I am unaware.

I believe that it is a particular version of AS/Set which is being used with
BPCS, and the company which originated AS/Set independently of what was
bought for BPCS, that company also has educational materials on the product.

Here are sample pages from a UPI manual on AS/Set, so you can decide if this
is worth you buying your own copy.

http://www.unbeatenpath.com/training/as-set/samplepages/asSET-English.pdf

IBM has a Red Book manual specifically on BPCS, for people who are new to
the world of AS/400 iSeries etc. explaining how BPCS works on that platform,
and what is involved in implementing it. This does not get into ERP logic.

While I have not been blogging for eons, my site is still accessible:

http://radio-weblogs.com/0107846/stories/2002/11/08/bpcsDocSources.html

Some of the links are now broken (because the outfits have moved) but if you
search for their names, you can find the replacement links. For example,
UPI web site has moved to http://unbeatenpath.com/compass

-

Al Mac