I happen to be working on a project to improve our documentation of end
fiscal activities, and some of what we have done so far may be helpful to
you. I sent you attachments off-line which hopefully contain some of the
info you are looking for.

Also, if you have command line authority, or equivalent:
WRKOBJ BPCSDOC

Does this object exist on your system, and what library is it in?
If you have it, this is a source library file, of the kind where source code
for programs are kept. With source library files, each member of that file
is a different program, file layout, screen etc., prior to compilation.
With BPCSDOC, each member is a different document.

There are multiple ways to access this information.
One way is WRKMBRPDM then F4

File = BPCSDOC
Library = *LIBL or what you got from WRKOBJ
Member = *ALL

Position to, or scroll to:
SSARUN11 = General Ledger run instructions, with oodles of info about every
program
SSALOG00 = BPCS software Logic Manual
There is a heck of a lot of detail there. Don't expect to rapidly absorb
it.
Warning: With each version of BPCS, there was an obligation to upgrade the
documentation in sync with that version. Sometimes the info is not in sync,
some of it could be "behind" the latest version, that you have implemented.

If you are unfamiliar with PDM or SEU (text editor used to access this
info), ask off-line to BPCS-L, or via another discussion list.

-
Al Mac

There are no limits to what you can accomplish, when you are supposed to be
doing something else.