BPCS-L does not allow for attachments, due to the bad guys out there
(viruses etc.). You can post to an Internet location, such as on
Midrange.com, or Google Docs, then share the url with us.

If this happened to you with only one particular item, you might check your
order policy code for that item, in that facility. Maybe it calls for a
lumping. Different items can have different rules, depending on Order
Policy Code.

Another thing you might check is due dates. Our people have been keying in
dates in 2011 for a whole year, but now need to key in 2012. Some people,
by mistake, will be keying in requirements, really due in 2012, using 2011
instead. MRP in BPCS cannot plan stuff which is past due, relative to your
planning date, at time of original entry.

I have a confusion with MRP in BPCS 405 CD.

Last week was our End-Year, End other Fiscal, with Physical Inventory, and
replace Standard Costs. When the physical was all done, we had just under
8,000 items in our active warehouses, with non-zero inventory.

Inactive = a facility in need of purging old records.

We have approx 103,000 items in our Item Master. In the past I have
estimated that approx 75% of those items are inactive, meaning no inventory,
no activity. We have multiple facilities, but one much more active than all
the others combined.

The physical said our computer counts were 98.5% accurate (1.5% error) based
on grand total $. Quantities were a whole other matter, with massive pluses
and minuses cancelling each other $ effects out.

During the week of taking physical, the only updates to BPCS were end-fiscal
activities, the physical, and updating customer orders.

We ran MRP when all done with transactions for the month, then again after
dumping in the physical tags.

MRP audit trails, after physical, say 70,000 items being planned, 40,000
plans changed. That seems kind of high vs. 8,000 items in inventory, and my
past inactive estimates. Do MRP count plans based on combinations of BOM
and due-date, and include in the count items which are inactive (no
requirements, no inventory)?

I had not been paying much attention to MRP audit trails, other than to
verify MRP got run, so I do not know what is normal in there.

-
Al Mac

There are no limits to what you can accomplish, when you are supposed to be
doing something else.