On 405 CD, when someone deletes a shop order, it gets coded a certain way,
then in shop order purge it goes away. Before the purge we can examine the
codes, can tell which shop orders to go away because they completed, closed,
or deleted. Detail records associated with a shop order, operations,
materials, remain in existence until the purge. If reason to end the order
is for any reason other than delete, the purge examines the big picture to
see if order go-away meets the rules, and if not delays. For example there
may be a missing input of inventory transactions essential to making a part.
But with delete, that over-rides the examination.

By examining BPCS security, you can tell who, in theory, has appropriate
authority to delete shop orders. It would be wise to also examine IBM
security to see who has authority to bypass BPCS security.

Mass delete may be desired on the eve of a physical inventory, so be careful
with any modification to de-activate capability.

By examining backups, you may be able to can tell ... this order existed at
this point in time, but was gone by this point in time.

Uncle Milt has a security package, where you designate what kinds of stuff
you going to monitor, like price changes, engineering changes, etc. the
later when stuff is messed up, you can find who done what.

-
Al Mac