In addition to earlier posts in this thread, in which it is evident we have
some polite disagreement, there is another related potential problem, also
with its contentious solutions.

In case you have this other problem, it is best to resolve the other problem
before you do the mass delete of zero records.

From time to time, the on-hand math calculation ends up with a disagreement
among the files ILN ILI IWI IIM and there may be other files in the
contamination. That is not the only collection of BPCS files which can have
data out of mutual synchronization.

There are people here who argue the solution is to figure out what's causing
this, and fix it. What we do is paper it over, by running, preferably in a
restricted state: SFC990 ORD990 SYS990 INV971 INV972 in that sequence. This
is on my every WEEKEND check list, but some weekends I do not get to it.

We use it both to fix the on-hand which do not add up, and also to relieve
the nuisance of negatives into MRP.

This does not fix everything. Basically it is looking at the on-hand
equation of the most detailed file, and forcing that story into the more
summary files, but it only does so for on-hand not zero. If ILI is zero,
and IWI has inventory, this string of reorganizations do not fix the
discrepancy.

-
Al Mac