Chris,

I cannot think of any "absolute" pros or cons, without knowing more
about your business. I work with companies that follow either scenario,
with no significant implications. Either way works. So it's just a matter
of how much effort would it take to implement the change.

There are certainly some points to consider as you move forward:
1) One would assume they were originally set up as separate warehouses for
a reason. Do you have any recollection or documentation on this? It would
be your best starting point.
2) Check INV110, are the two warehouses defined with any conflicting
parameters?
3) Check BPCS Security, are there any scenarios where users need to be
authorized to one whs but restricted from the other?
4) Do you have inventories of the same item in both warehouses (e.g. resale
products) where the RM inventory is not to be allocated for customer orders
until it goes through some internal process and is transfered to FG?
5) Do you have default receiving locations, backflush-from locations, etc
set up that will need to be converted?
6) Do you have forecasting history that will need to be converted?
7) Do you have any warehouse-specific UOM conversions?
8) Check your period-ending procedures, are there any processes run by
warehouse?
9) Check for any user or custom reports that are tied to a warehouse --
specifically purchasing, planning, and inventory reports.
10) I usually suggest standardizing on the FG warehouse name.

All the best,
Kevin Harper
Appalachian Data Strategies

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 9:15 AM, Wynn, Christopher P. <