From: bpcs-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bpcs-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Larenzo Alexander
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 12:19 PM
To: BPCS Forum Post
Subject: [BPCS-L] BPCS Pick Release & Pick Confirm with Scanner

Hello All,

We are using BPCS Pick Release (ORD550D), Pick Confirm(ORD570D), Ship Confirm(ORD590D) but users would like to simply the process and use a scanner to scan part numbers and the system automatically pick confirms each one because the users say it's like a easter egg hunt to look through the entire warehouse list in the Pick Confirm to select the parts that was confirmed.  So I'm looking for feeback to see if its possible and how other company handles the picking process. This is how it is handle so far. Normally the person doing the picking will do a Pick Release for all open orders under warehouse example 'SA'. Then they dont use a pick list but find parts put in shipment box while writing a list of those parts on paper along with qty in box. So after they fill all shipment boxes the user then goes to BPCS Pick Confirm and enter warehouse 'SA' and F19 - Confirm by pick. Then user has a large list of all the items that was released for picking and then users goes through writing list of parts pick for certain shipment and search through list and confirm each with option 11. Sorry for the long email but here are my questions:

1. Does any of your companies use Scanner for this process?
2. Should the Pick Release be used to release only what you expect to pick for certain shipments instead of release every open order in warehouse so user can user can use pick list to pick instead of writing parts down. And when use uses pick confirm his list of parts will not be so long if he uses the pick number?
3. If pick release have already been generated and deleted. Is there a way to re print pick list?

So in general I'm trying to see if we are using the current BPCS Picking Process in the most efficient way and then I'm trying to see if its possible to create an application to implement a scanner to do some of the picking process.

Thanks