Thanks all.....looks like back flushing is the solution!
Rob Rupp

-----Original Message-----
From: bpcs-l-bounces+robrupp=kelcomail.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bpcs-l-bounces+robrupp=kelcomail.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Al
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2011 3:04 PM
To: 'BPCS ERP System'
Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] MI - multiple issue to shop order

We use Multiple Issue transaction mainly thru JIT600 on 405 CD.

Before moving to Back Flushing from Labor, the inventory transactions were
very time consuming for our company, but the combination input means where
some human being previously needed to key in scores of transactions, now
someone keys in only one transaction, and it automatically cascades the same
score.

The manual inventory method was such a hassle, that we often did not keep
accuracy on scrap. Now we do, because back flushing also consumes the
material associated with the scrap count on the labor reporting.

I don't understand why any company with BPCS would still be doing this the
old inefficient way.

Often, the material, to be issued, are sub-assemblies from other shop
orders, where we have overlapping operations. As earlier steps in the
factory get the material manufactured, it moves to later steps where the
material is to be consumed. Thus, over a period of many days, the material
is being created and consumed, and in less than 24 hours, our inventory data
is current with latest activity.

How it works for us ... a shop order can be open for many days ... each day,
the labor tickets report quantity of work done, which are keyed in kept
current, several batches each day, so our inventory is up-to-date.

Occasionally we discover we made a data mistake which needs correcting.
Back Flushing from labor does not work, when the correction drives things
negative, so we use SFC600 and INV500 for the corrections, including
multiple issue transaction.

It works fine, except sometimes some inaccuracies when data being driven
into the negative.

-
Al Mac
is over a year old, because my e-mail is getting sluggish.