From: bpcs-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bpcs-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Al
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2011 12:24 PM
To: 'BPCS ERP System'
Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] WebTop runtime problem

We are on an earlier version of BPCS.
We have an issue which we believe has nothing to do with BPCS products, in
the cause, but does involve BPCS in the recovery.

Our users connect via PC, Client Access whatever flavor it is called,
simulating IBM connection, then goes thru various cables and network devices
(routers whatever I know not all the names), then into the IBM computer box.

Each of those devices connections has risk of dropping a connection, for a
moment, each has provision to detect time-outs. In theory we want all to
wait reasonable time to re-connect. But what's happening is end user screen
blacks out, and trouble shooting what intermediate place(s) responsible is
now give-up for us.

After screen blacked out, if we wait 10 15 minutes, sometimes we get sign on
screen again, then can try to recover past job.

Sometimes the session has become varied off, with no apparent DSPLOG record
of how when that happened.

DSPLOG perspective claims the user cancelled the session, or disconnected,
but we know this is not the case.

-
Al Mac