Thanks for the great input from many people, including some code I will be
exploring.

I now think the DayOfWeek was a misdirection when it was being explained to
me what they needed. It has been eons since I had to dig into the nuts &
bolts of how date math is actually done. Also, I am still doing most of my
coding in RPG/400 since that's what 405 CD is written in. I have done a
little ILE, and some embedded SQL, but almost no API.

The initial programs, to be modified, produce something which looks like a
spread sheet, with customer order data, work-in-progress, other info
arranged sideways based on request date. They want the data arranged based
on the request date minus X business days. Once that working, there's some
other software to get a similar service.

Over the weekend, I concluded I need:
* Use /COPY because there are over a score of variants of this
program. Get one variant working, then this makes it simpler to implement
others.
* Set Business days Variable in $INIT, since they intend to change
this from time to time.
* Before the current logic, which goes from request date to what
bucket column, the corresponding quantities need to go into:
* Interject subroutine(s) with this modification flow.
* Move request date into a work date, because later I will need to use
this same logic on other dates, like shop order dates.
* Get YYYY. Use # days from Jan-01 of YYYY to deduce Julian YYYY DDD
date since DDD needed for FSC array lookup, not the cave man days logic from
beginning of century. Then maybe DEBUG check I not screwed this up.
* Business Days Loop against FSC for current year.
* Check if we counted down to beginning of year, in which case handle
prior YYYY refresh FSC controls. Maybe another DEBUG validation.
* Final Julian YYYY DDD back to familiar CCYYMMDD format.
* Replace contents of date to be used by rest of pre-existing program.