From: bpcs-l-bounces+lwl=ix.netcom.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bpcs-l-bounces+lwl=ix.netcom.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ardi
Batmanghelidj
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2011 11:24 AM
To: bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BPCS-L] Receive FAX - convert to BPCS customer order

Hello Everyone,

We have a BPCS shop (405CD) that receives hundreds of orders by fax and
types each one as a BPCS order. We are looking at developing the capability
to read the faxes by OCR and convert into an interim set of tables. The
converted data will be reviewed by the customer service reps, and upon
approval, will be fed into an existing electronic order creation module.

We have looked at options around EDI and do have an eCommerce site, but the
nature of their customers dictates this low tech approach.

Does anyone have this implemented and can you share some wisdom?

Vendor calls welcome.

Cheers

Ardi

Ardi Batmanghelidj