Infor's Document Solution will Do this Also - Price Heavy for Just Fax.

If you have EDI Software like Inovis the Business Management part of it would work if you had a set template for Fax Orders.

You could also take the Fax to Outlook and write a Script to Process.

-----Original Message-----
From: bpcs-l-bounces+msabol=flanderscorp.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bpcs-l-bounces+msabol=flanderscorp.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Al
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2011 1:45 PM
To: 'BPCS ERP System'
Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] Receive FAX - convert to BPCS customer order

I looked into this years ago, at request of some managers, provided them
with multiple alternative solutions, all were rejected because management
did not want to spend the money, or did not think we needed this stuff.
Since then, solutions alternatives may have improved. We now have approx 2
and a half full time employees keying in customer orders which arrive via an
infinity of different ways, and sometimes we have a backlog getting the
orders into our system. There are other areas with significant clerical
personnel input. There have also been changes in management personnel. In
the future, company preferences may evolve.

Check out FOX TROT from Enable Software company.
http://www.enablesoft.com/support/Utilizations.aspx
http://www.enablesoft.com/what/index.aspx

This is a CLIENT product (installed on PC). A human being transcribes ONE
customer order from an on-line FAX or EXCEL or REPORT or customer on-line
site, or wherever, into BPCS. Fox Trot records where the mouse, from what
source document, data where into ORD500 screen however, and now you have a
template which can do that automatically for thousands of orders coming in
the same way. You also have a script which you can modify.

FOX TROT can automate any area where you now have heavy duty clerical input,
such as labor tickets, receiving, payable invoices, provided the data
involved is first into the computer system.

The data first has to be loaded to the PC, the 400, or other computer
network system, before Fox Trot can access it. There are an abundance of
software products which can arrange for FAXes, and other source documents,
to go direct to the 400, a network location, individual PC, and also send
data in the other direction.

Of all the solutions I suggested to former management, I thought FOX TROT
was the most powerful, relative to our needs. We are also on 405 CD.

Depending on the nature of your customer business, you may need to factor in
customer orders where there are lead time violations, pricing violations,
open purchase orders with multiple later added lines. In other words,
orders where it is impractical or unwise to just enter verbatim what the
customer ordered.

-
Al Mac