On 12/03/10 3:00 PM, Pete Helgren wrote:
Already talked to infor. The asking price is a bit too much in this
economy (says management...).

Then you either stay there or have your management consult with an attorney to go over the licensing to determine whether or not Infor's stand is consistent with the licensing terms. Companies need to realize that Infor assumes most clients are too cheap to obtain legal assistance in licensing matters.

Your company could spend a couple of grand consulting a law firm or they can pay whatever Infor feels like collecting this month, or they can stay where they are. Which makes the most sense?

Just wondering if there was anyone like us running heavily customized,
not on support for a decade, 405CD. Sounds like nobody on the list has
made *that* jump. We still may try it. The box is an old 270.
Maintenance is going up, yada, yada, so we'd like to move to a new box,
but 6.1 is the lowest supported OS version for a newer box.

At one point I was told by an Infor salesperson that they had relaxed their demands when people needed to move to new machines. That was over a year ago when they were reaching out to stagnant accounts to see if there were upgrade opportunities. They now have a new chief executive so their attitude has likely changed a number of times since then.

It's very easy for Infor to adopt the position of "take it or leave it" since you are not contributing to their bottom line at all. It's a tough position for you to be in - and you are not alone, I'm sure there are hundreds of installations still on 405CD.

Bill