From: bpcs-l-bounces+wallyc=bergquistcompany.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bpcs-l-bounces+wallyc=bergquistcompany.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Yan Shargorodsky
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 4:38 PM
To: 'BPCS ERP System'
Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] 405cd to erp/lx migration

Don,

There is much more to conversion than copy files. There are twice as
many
files, the files that you have will have 2 to 3 times more fields and
some
of them will need to be populated or defaulted. Infor provides
conversion
tool that runs on IBM i. The tool will do most of the work accept
changes
defined during implementation and some other minor bugs. My guess is it
will
do 95% - 99% of work. You will need to have a lot of disk space
available,
the process moves data for every BPCS release between source and target.
There is a way to run it step by step (clearing previous version files),
but
it will take a lot of time.

Yan Shargorodsky
Y&Y Solutions,Inc.