From: bpcs-l-bounces+macwheel99=wowway.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bpcs-l-bounces+macwheel99=wowway.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pete
Helgren
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 8:57 AM
To: BPCS ERP System
Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] Change to ORD500

Thanks Al.

I pondered this for quite a while yesterday. The issue I ended up was
*where* to put the field in the subfile. There isn't any room left
without adding another line to the subfile record and it is already a
crowded display.

I may put the data in a hidden field and then append the data to the
description line since the data that currently displays in there is
pretty short. There are some potential gotcha's to the approach,
somebody changing the data appended to the description line and thinking
it changes the underlying field is one, but the data that will display
is a VIN that is sent as part of the EDI record and is used for
production sequencing so it *shouldn't* be changed anyway.

And yes, that ORD500 is a beast.....

Pete Helgren
Value Added Software, Inc
www.asaap.com