Just for the sake of correctness... a database shema cannot be copywritten
therefore cannot be consisered IP. The programming and logic that
interacts with it is, but in the US a database is not protected.

Thanks
Bryce Martin
Programmer/Analyst I
570-546-4777

"Al" <macwheel99@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+bmartin=c-sgroup.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
09/15/2010 03:22 PM
Please respond to
BPCS ERP System <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"'BPCS ERP System'" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [BPCS-L] BPCS File List

I do not have that. It is BPCS version specific, and may be confidential
IP.
Your BPCS should have file BPCSDOC with naming conventions for your
version,
from which you can get names of libraries containing your BPCS files, from
which you can put the info into an *OUTFILE.

Here is a dummy menu I created on our system (we are 405CD) with info on
non-accounting files for people who create queries, and other access
tools.
Some of the files listed did not come with BPCS but were added by us.

Active QUERY Query Users Reference List of Most Useful Files
OPTION DESCRIPTION
TYPE PROGRAM
1 *1 = file not continuously dynamically updated H
2 Al periodically updates or replaces it H
3 *A = file did NOT come with BPCS H
4 it is one that we added but into *LIBL path H
5 *C = file NOT in standard BPCS library list path H
6 *LIBL but found in CHGORDHST2 H
7 *I = IBM info about AS/400 objects H
8 *R = (in addition to standard *FIRST) this file H
9 has member RETURN containing H
10 Customer Return data (RMA's) H
11 *X = file NOT in standard BPCS library list path H
12 *LIBL but found in XFILES H
13 *C (CHGORDHST2) & *X (XFILES) - specify in WRKQRY H
14 or ADDLIBLE Command Line for RUNQRY H
19 H
20 Run Query *N against FILE of choice ?? IIM D
INVENGFILE
25 H
40 AVM Vendor Master for Purchasing H
49 H
50 CDP Department Master for Production H
55 CEM Employee Master for Labor Tickets
60 CIC Item / Planning / Cost H
65 CMF Cost Master File ... careful this is complex H
67 COSTMEMORY = *1 *X items in last shop order purge H
89 H
95 ECG = *1 *C Customer Order Change History H
100 ECH *R Customer Order Summary Header Records
102 ECIF = *1 *A End Items which Customer Facilities H
105 ECL *R Customer Order Detail Item Lines H
110 ECS *R Customer Order Special Item Lines H
115 ELA Allocations H
120 ESH Shipping Header H
125 ESL Shipping Lines H
127 ESN *R Notes ... note specialized members H
130 EST Customer Ship To Master for Sales H
152 H
170 FAPM = *1 *A Machine etc. use reported by Labor H
175 FLT Labor Ticket History H
176 FLT member WORK for labor not yet posted H
180 FMA Shop Order Materials H
185 FOD Shop Order Operations H
190 FRT Routings ... careful ... this is a BIG file H
195 FSC Shop Calendar H
200 FSO Shop Order Summary H
285 H
290 HCIF = *1 *A BOM end-to-end cust-end vs. vend-raw H
300 HPH Purchase Order Header H
310 HPO Purchase Orders H
320 HVH Vendor Item History H
328 HZROUTB4 *1 *X routings summary prior to 999 H
329 HZROUT999 *1 *X routings summary at 999 H
347 H
349 IEA Engineeringly Active X-ref list Item-Facility H
350 IIC Item Class H
360 IIM Item Master H
370 ILI Item-Warehouse-Location = Inventory H
375 ILM Location Master H
390 ITE Inventory Transaction Effects File H
395 ITH Inventory History ... warning - a monster file
400 IWI Item-Warehouse = Inventory H
405 IWM Warehouse Master H
410 H
415 JPH Just In Time Production History H
425 H
430 KFP MRP Planned & Firm Planned Orders H
432 KMR MRP Material Requirements H
435 KRO MRP Releasable Orders H
460 H
465 LCR Capacity Planning Detail H
500 LWK Work Center Master H
505 H
550 NDAY = *1 *X *I file statistics from 4 pm H
555 NITEND = *1 *X *I file statistics start week H
560 H
600 PN_ECL = *1 *X PEN Items in Current Cust Orders H
605 PN_FSO = *1 *X PEN Items in Current Shop Orders H
697 H
700 SIH Invoice History - 1 record per Invoice H
705 SIL Invoice History - 1 record per Item Line H
725 SSD Sales History Detail H
730 SSH Sales History H
796 H
900 XDEV = *1 *X *I Devices attached to our AS/400 H
910 XWARE = *1 *X *I Directory of relevant software H
920 H
950 ZMF Facility Master H
985 H
986 The above is NOT a complete list of BPCS H
987 Physical files ... Al tried to select files H
988 that would be most useful to people trying to H
989 create QUERIES outside of the Accounting Area H
990 ... Al may put Accounting files on a separate H
991 "menu" like this one at a later date H
992 ... Please tell Al if you think some adjustments H
993 should be made on the above reference list H
994 ... either remove some file with H
995 highly confidential contents, or add some file H
996 that Al felt was inappropriate to include H
997 on first run-through of this concept H
998 H
999 To Sign "off" go to menu OFF H
USER ID SEQUENCE

-