Al,
Not to pick a fight, but if those subroutines were subprocedures then
you'd only have to test in one place. Then, when you roll it out to
production nothing else is needed except to update the service program
they belong to. Having the same subroutine in multiple programs is not
the same as SOA. Its a first attempt at modularity, but it isn't SOA.
That must be pretty diffucult to maintain. Making sure you don't miss a
program somewhere with that one subroutine...

Thanks
Bryce Martin
Programmer/Analyst I
570-546-4777

"Al" <macwheel99@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+bmartin=c-sgroup.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
07/26/2010 03:23 AM
Please respond to
BPCS ERP System <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"'BPCS ERP System'" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [BPCS-L] SOA Configurator in BPCS LX

I am using what I call "SOA" with 405 CD, which might not be the real
thing.

Basically, there are sub-routines which perform standard functions, and
these sub-routines are found in scores of programs. When business
requirements evolve, I revise the standard function routines to achieve
the
new requirements, test tune on one program till happy, then recompile and
test one other program at a time. End result is much less time to
implement
modifications.

-
Al Mac