What web service are you connecting to for your currency information? Is
it something you have to pay for?

Thanks
Bryce Martin
Programmer/Analyst I
570-546-4777

Bill <brobins3d@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+bmartin=c-sgroup.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
06/17/2010 11:05 AM
Please respond to
BPCS ERP System <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[BPCS-L] Automated Currency Exchange Load

Just thought I'd let everyone with a BPCS installation know that you can
create a program that will automatically load the exchange rate
information on the schedule you wish by querying a website service.

I recently queried the Midrange list for help in this task and was
pointed to Scott Klement's utility and example package he provides as a
service to the iSeries community. You can find the package at
http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/ . Inside is an example program to
retrieve and display to screen the current exchange rate information for
a given from and to currency set.

I took the program and performed a slight modification so that it would
return the exchange rate instead of displaying it. I then wrote another
program that reads the GCML01 file skipping USD and a couple of other
inactive currencies and then performing the calls to translate to and
from USD.

I'd provide the programs I wrote, but there's some customizations there
that would not be of use to anyone. The programming is really so
simple, that any iSeries programmer should be able to produce a working
version in an hour or two.

Bill