Hi All!!

I am still learning TLE 3.2 and I have heard do not end one of the daily
agenda jobs such as EDISELC it causes serious issues. I had a runaway
EDI job that looped and looped creating duplicated GUIDs during ASN
generation as it was late at night so I killed the job to fix it in the
morning. It was fixed by someone else bit I was never told exactly how,
except to never let it happen. I would like to understand a little more
about the scheduler in TLE 3.2.

What are the issues? I am assuming each one of the jobs setup in TLE
scheduler looks for the previous job to have completed normally..... is
there a file or are there several files and/or data areas I should know
about where the normal end of job is found? Can it be reset in the TLE
application or does this require DBU and knowing which files to fix up?

Can the TLE EDI subsystem go down between "scheduler cycles" and then come
back up and resume its normal operations? For example suppose it is now
2pm and the EDI subsystem was down until now, will the previously
scheduled jobs kick in or will the scheduled jobs for the rest of the day
resume?

I was told only do as/400 maintenance on Sunday when EDI is off as the TLE
scheduler daily agenda only runs Mon - Sat. I have a situation coming up
where I may need to do some system maintenance on Saturday. I would like
to understand TLE scheduler operations a little better. Any help you can
give me is appreciated. I thank you all in advance.

Respectfully,

Kathy Steigerwalt