Option 1 (greater of forecast and customer demand) is probably the most popular. Sounds simple but it can be a bit tricky. Make sure you run some tests until you thoroughly understand how the start date of the forecast period is used to match up against customer demand for that date. I am guessing that the majority of users are making some false assumptions.

Requirements Code is nearly always S for sum. The only instance I have seen for an exception was with very expensive spare parts and that is rare.

Larry Costain

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerry Duhon <Gerry.Duhon@xxxxxxxxx>
To: BPCS ERP System <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, Apr 11, 2010 9:48 am
Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] Item Demand Code

Item Facility Maintenance, MRP140, overrides the Item Master Demand Codes and
emand Time Fence and the MRP System Parameters Demand Codes and Time Fence for
pecific Item Facility Demand Planning. The Item Demand Codes, CIC. ICDMC1and
IC. ICDMC2, work with the Demand Time Fence, CIC. ICDMTF, to specify how
X/BPCS uses customer orders and forecasts to determine planned order
uantities. Demand Code 1applies within the time fence that is determined by the
ntry in the Demand Time Fence Days/Periods field. If you do not specify a
emand code, LX/BPCS uses the default demand code to use before the time fence
s defined on the MRP System Parameters screen, MRP820D-01. The demand codes are
, 2, 3 & 4.
1 = Greater of Forecasts and Customer Orders
2 = Sum of Customer Orders and Forecasts
3 = Forecasts Only
4 = Customer Orders Only

The Requirements Code, CIC. ICMPSD, is used to determine planned order
equirements. Requirement Codes are 1, 2 & 3
1= Dependent demand only (FMAs and all other requirements from higher
evel formulations or Bill of Materials)
2 = Independent demand only (Customer orders and forecasts)
3 = Sum (The sum of independent and dependent demand) This code will be
hanged to S in the CIC.ICMPSD.
If the field is left blank, LX/BPCS will plan for the sum of independent and
ependent demand.

Best Regards,
Gerry Duhon, CPIM | Sr. Application Consultant, Supply Chain & Manufacturing,
RPLX & BPCS | Infor Professional Services | Cell:832.335.9872 |
erry.duhon@xxxxxxxxx