Hey Doc,

I've been working in and around the BPCS market since the mid-1980's as
well. I've also sold, installed, and supported other ERP packages as
well as logistics and BI. I've seen a lot of training from the whole
spectrum of vendors and private firms. I stand by my statement that the
original poster would wise to investigate the Infor offerings.

We used both trainers and consultants from Infor in our 8.2 upgrade, and
were very well served. Some of the consultants were independent
subcontractors. All did a good job and I would be happy to recommend any
of them.

There is a lot of rote learning that goes into training BPCS users. We
have found it cost-effective to use the generalized training offered,
followed up with more specific workshops as users become proficient
enough with the basics to benefit from advanced topics.

We have also used firms that sell into the BPCS market and post here. In
one case we wound up firing a firm. My point is that our experience does
not support the notion that Infor services are automatically less
valuable than other vendors'. No matter how heavyweight someone might
be, what matters is results for hours billed. If I'm not seeing results
or cannot verify that the hours billed are even worked, give me a
teachable honest "lightweight" any day and we will get'er done.