Isaac...

We're just implementing EAM (enterprise edition). It is a pretty nice
product, but it is entirely different than the iSeries product, and it is
completely Windows based. You will need to host the database on msSQL
server or Oracle, and the product is hosted on one or more instances of
Windows Server.

This product is from a completely different development source than the
EAM on the iSeries. There's really no upgrade or conversion path, as
such, although there are decent facilities for data import...
Surprisingly, there are no pre-built integrations for BPCS, and we had to
go through a definition process with Infor to define what integrations we
needed, and how they would work.

We're still running pieces of the iSeries EAM as well, but we continue to
decommission sections of it as we bring more and more of EAM (enterprise)
on-line.

Phil Catlin

"antwi, isaac a." <iantwi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+phil.catlin=formica.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/18/2010 10:46 AM
Please respond to
BPCS ERP System <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[BPCS-L] Infor EAM Business Edition

Dear All,

I recently had a demo on Infor EAM Business Edition and it seems to be a
very good product. How different is this from the BPCS Plant Maintenance
version 6 that runs on the AS/400 (IBM iSeries). Can we upgrade BPCS
Plant Maintenance version 6 to Infor EAM Business Edition? If so, can we
still the database on the AS/400? I will be happy to have any technical
document on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Isaac Ayeh Antwi

Business Systems Manager