From: bpcs-l-bounces+tom.molyneux=nov.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bpcs-l-bounces+tom.molyneux=nov.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Doug McLauchlan
Sent: 10 March 2010 23:47
To: BPCS ERP System
Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] BPCS LX - Profit Center

From the ACR130 Help Text:

Profit Center Maintenance

This program is used to define profit center information, which is
stored in the Profit Center Master file (RCL). While nothing
prohibits the user from defining profit centers, they are no longer
validated during transaction processing. Integration to CEA through
ATP does not require the use of such a field, thus, such information
is merely for reference purposes only.

We have NO profit centers set up and have Hundreds of functioning
commissions codes. We're at V6.1, but I pretty sure LX uses the same
process. CEA/ATP Macros/Models use the commodity code itself to
determine the account to post it to.

Cheers

Doug McLauchlan