From: bpcs-l-bounces+macwheel99=wowway.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bpcs-l-bounces+macwheel99=wowway.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Bonnie Bryant
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2009 12:34 PM
To: bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] BPCS-L Digest, Vol 7, Issue 218

Today's Topics:

1. BPCS 405 CD ECH Field "CHPREF" (Roger.Henady@xxxxxxxxxx)[Bonnie
Bryant] This field is the doc prefix field. It's used to separate
invoices into logical groups (eg. facility, sub-system company, etc.) You
can tie different ranges of invoice/doc numbers to each doc prefix using the
doc sequence maintenance on ACR maintenance screen. Its use is fairly
invasive and should not be used as a 'free' field. You will no longer be
able to create your own doc numbers in ACR500. Your cash posting will
reflect it. You will need to use it when reprinting invoices.

If you decide to use this function, I would recommend a plan to handle pre
and post activation.

I would not recommend using it unless your purpose truly is to segregate
your A/R docs.

2. Cost Set management 405 CD (Al)

[Bonnie Bryant] try clearing your cost for the cost set in question before
deleting the set. Use the cost transfer option on CST.

message: 1

date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 09:18:38 -0600

from: Roger.Henady@xxxxxxxxxx

subject: [BPCS-L] BPCS 405 CD ECH Field "CHPREF"

I'm looking for a 2 character field to store information in the order

header. We located field CHPREF (Prefix). Found reference to it in

other programs.

Currently nothing is in this field. Does any one know what this field may

affect?

Roger Henady

Thorco Industries

(417) 682-1340

------------------------------

message: 2

date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 10:26:06 -0600

from: "Al" <macwheel99@xxxxxxxxxx>

subject: [BPCS-L] Cost Set management 405 CD

We have cost set with copy of standard for prior year, so that early in the

new year, capability exists to compare latest cost with last year's costs.

We are BPCS version 405 CD.

I killed all CMF records on 2008 cost sets, because all we need now are 2009

reference, and 2010 new standard.

Then I went into CST140 and tried to take the option to delete a cost set .

the program seemed to hang . I killed it after 20 minutes, retried when

nothing else on the system = same story. I may have forgotten, is there

something else we need to do, than goodbye all CMF records on a cost set?

I looked at CSM = cost set & found record-id SZ (deleted) for prior years

2006 2007, so now I realize we also need to make those records go away. Is

it ok to DFU delete them, or is something else needed?

-Al Mac-

- Allowing one's computer to be unprotected, while connected to the

internet, can be compared to owning a handgun and putting it out on your

doorstep every night, in case a passing robber might be in need of one.

Unfortunately millions of people are doing exactly that, while thousands of

them do so through networks of companies and government agencies that they

manage.