Another code to check is the Location Usage code in the Location Master. We have had sudden changes in backflush behavior when one or two locations are set other than "2". That code works for us - but is not universal; the proper code depends on the setting of various other codes.

Dick Bailey
MCFA, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: bpcs-l-bounces+dick.bailey=mcfa.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bpcs-l-bounces+dick.bailey=mcfa.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Larenzo Alexander
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2009 3:55 PM
To: BPCS ERP System
Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] Controlling Backlushing

That sounds like us. We have a blank location in warehouse 'AA' and after the finish product is assembled all components should backflush from that blank location in 'AA'. But a couple weeks ago I got a call that  items started backflushing (CI) from other locations in that warehouse and we don't remember making any changes to our setup but I'm sure there is a reason but haven't firgured out why these certain parts backflushed from locations other than the blank location. The location on the Finished Product shop orders is blank but as I typing this email, I just checked the shop order and the operation code may be the problem. Hmmm.

Thanks for the feedback!