Let's suppose our MRP planning date is Monday 9-14, and we enter a customer
order due 9-14, there will be sub-assemblies that MRP will not plan, because
the due dates to fulfill those components, due to lead times etc. would make
them historically prior to the planning date, and MRP does not plan stuff
that is in the past. We always need to know about customer orders with
sufficient time in advance to cover lead times for all components of those
orders.

Is this also true for MRP100 forecasts?

Let's suppose we enter a requirement in MRP100 for item A715XYX whose
aggregate lead times for all components are 65 days, for MRP to plan all of
those components, do we need to enter a start date that is 65+ days ahead of
our planning date of 9-14? Or, is it sufficient that the start date is 9-14
or later, and the end date is 65+ days ahead of our planning date?

What are the different functions of start and end dates of MRP100?

-

Al Macintyre on V405CD

-