From: DeeDee Virgei <DeeDee.Virgei@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2009 1:49:05 PM
Subject: [BPCS-L] Setting up an Inventory Discrepancies Whse

Hi All,

I am looking for some BPCS setting suggestions related to MRP and
Inventory...

We currently have a quality whse setup for material returns or other
inventory needing further inspection.? This whse is in our MRP facility and
usually does not contain much.

The issue I run into is that occasionally our folks transfer inventory
balances into this whse when finding huge inventory discrepancies during
cycle counting; where the questionable inventory may remain in this whse
until accounting can further research.? This sometimes causes big MRP
issues...

I think we should setup a separate warehouse, not under the MRP facility,
for huge inventory discrepancies that need further research.
I would only give our accounting folks access to this whse.? ?

My? question; have any of you setup a whse like this?? I'm trying to find
out if setting up an inventory discrepancy whse is normal or am I breaking
some big inventory rule...

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thx!

Best Regards,