From: Michael Perna <MPerna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 2:36:01 PM
Subject: [BPCS-L] Inventory revaluation in BPCS

Running BPCS 4.3

Issue:

We are posting inventory transactions to the G/L and there are times
when the inventory is off.  We've discovered it has to do with the
changing of standard costs.

When a user changes the standard cost via CST100, an ITH record is
written with a # type and quantity is zero.  When posting IN
transactions to the G/L it bypasses all records with a quantity of zero.
How does BPCS ever revalue inventory?  Also, when the standard cost is
generated via CST600, the #record is not written.  If the standards for
components are changed and the cost gen is run, how does the finished
good inventory get revalued?

Thank you all.

Michael Perna

Business Systems Analyst - Finance

t. 310.832.8000  |  f. 310.519.2605
P.O. Box 1950  |  San Pedro, CA 90733  |  USA, Earth
contessa.com <http://www.contessa.com/>