Wow! This thread has gone on several different directions...

I've been working with BPCS since v4.02 both as a user and later as consultant.

While I do agree that there are certainly areas of BPCS that would benefit greatly from updating (including ACP module), the original question regarding the POSTING TO GL out of ACP cannot be answered with any comparison of versions pre 6x to any after. This is because of the TOTAL REWRITE of the GL package.

Benneth, I suggest that you take a look at all levels of summarization to ensure that you have them set to either "None " or "Summmary with Detail" . You mentioned that you have the posting set to detail, but that all PO's are summarized into a single line. The system would not total any lines when set to detail only. Keep in mind that w hen set to "Summary with Detail" , the reference fields in the first detail line will be used as the reference fields in the summary line - this is often confusing because the summary line is often what is seen when viewing the GL posting and when users are looking at reporting. When looking at the GL Posting Lines in the Inquiry Programs, the system will display a flag if the line is summarized. When drilling into the detail lines, you will be able to see the reference information for each line.

Here are two areas for you to check...

1 - Summarization. In your version it occurs in two areas - Natural Account Segment and Journal Source Code. Sounds to me as though if other journal lines in the posting are showing detail lines, then the Natural Account is either set to Summary or Summary with Detail.

2 - Macros. You didn't mention the macro(s) that you are using for capturing the PO Data on your posting lines. For your reference data I suggest you use macros from ASD file where available Â- for example for PO Number using SDSG01 instead of VI01PO.

Please also make good use of the ATP Guide - it is an excellent source of information regarding CEA. I'm not saying that it is perfect, but it is very helpful. For new users such as yourself, it is now your best friend.

Hope this provides you with some guidance.

Please do not hesitate to contact if you need anyting further.

Mike Sandor