A "feature" of BPCS in many versions, which some people might call a "bug"
is that any time we drive inventory negative, BPCS assumes that is in error,
and adds the item involved to those in need of a cycle count.

In our case, we have economic conditions that say it is using our personnel
more efficiently, if some data is entered in batch format, in other words,
several times a day, enter batch of some kind of transactions ... shop floor
production, receiving, shipping, samples, transfers, inspection conclusions.
By end of day or work shift, we should be 100% caught up with all
transactional input for that time frame.

There are some products where we don't have any excess ... we receive, we
use in production, we get some sub-assembly, we use that in next operation,
we ship to customer. In reality, the part has not gone to zero at any
stage, but because we are using our personnel economically, we may post the
transactions to use some inventory an hour before we post the transactions
that delivered the inventory. In that hour, BPCS sees it is negative, and
adds it to what needs to be cycle counted.

In the rare cases where we have a mistake, notice it, fix it, now the
inventory is correct, such as zero, but BPCS does not reset the "need to
cycle count" because it does not remember that the reason it was stuck in
that condition was that it was negative for a short time.

During end fiscal month, INV900 has a screen asking us what we want to do
about inventory marked for cycle counting, that has not in fact been cycle
counted. I always select "list whatever, then continue with end fiscal
month."

-
Al Mac

Happy I remain this functional: Wake up each morning; roll out of bed; feet
touch floor; I can stand up (sometimes need to push with arms); walk; get to
toilet; all familiar systems do their thing.