There is a File ZX3 which stores the authorities for individual users to
individual programs depending on the values in ZX2 which stores the User's
authorised BPCS Products

File - ZX3
X3USER User ID
X3PROG Program Object Name
X3AUTH User Authority to Program 0=No

File - ZX2
X2USER User ID
X2PROD BPCS Product Code
X2AUTH User Authorized to Product 0=N

I hope the above assists

Regards
Glen Hunter
Business Analyst for Distribution
Tel: (011) 758-5391
Cell: 083 629 4758

From:
"Al" <macwheel99@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:
"'BPCS ERP System'" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
2009/05/25 06:14 PM
Re: [BPCS-L] BPCS Object names
Sent by:
bpcs-l-bounces+ghunter=clover.co.za@xxxxxxxxxxxx

On our version of BPCS there are no files named X3* so either you have a
modification or this was introduced in a later version, or you got
something
from SSA that we did not get.

With some versions of BPCS, and some methods of acquisition, your company
may have the source code. So for example, in 405CD, library BPCS405CDS is
for source. We can use OS display software objects to create an *OUTFILE
directory of the software, which includes all the program names like
ACP100,
along with a description of what it does. This would include what came
with
BPCS and any modifications your company has added over the years. We also
have one for query definitions, so we can look up "Do we already have a
program, to meet this apparent new need?"

In 405CD, one aspect of BPCS security is an array by user profile that
says
for example
"This person does NOT have general access to ACP, but we'll make an
exception & let them into some ACP inquiry",
while "another person does YES have ACP access in general, but we'll block
them from running the end fiscal ACP jobs."
These programs do not occupy a standard location on the security screen,
so
the data can be kind of jumbled when you view it.
There are files that contain these security rules, and who may access what
menu, so we can run a report showing where (on what menus) there is some
program option, who may access which menus, and who may access what tasks.

Depending on what it is you need exactly, thousands of other BPCS sites
may
have already wanted the same thing, so you might want to take a look at
add-ons to managing BPCS security, that simplify the task, and improve
BPCS
security.

We get our BPCS support from UPI (costs a fraction of from Infor, and is
more flexible). There are many add ons I would like to use, when time and
money permits. Some may also appeal to you.

UPI's By Invitation Only
http://www.unbeatenpath.com/software/bio/BIOnly.pdf
(if you are on high security, you will need to enable scripts to navigate
UPI site) let's you view by BPCS program, like ACP100, who all can access
it. When you are in security, that came with BPCS, you just have the
program names, warehouses, etc. In this UPI enhancement, you also have
what
all of that means. So it helps separation of duties, and fast adjustment
of
list of all the people allowed into a particular area. When you working
on
BPCS security, it is not always obvious if someone can get into
everything,
because they are coded super-user. With BIOnly, it is obvious.

There's links from the above url to other UPI security enhancements, in
case
you are facing a security audit to meet Sarbanes Oxley or other mandates.
It is not unusual for auditors, and new managers, to want to know "who all
can update this stuff?" Without BIOnly, you'd have to look at each and
every profile. With it, you get the answer one place.

Here's a summary of the other services available from UPI
http://www.unbeatenpath.com/navigation/alphalook.pdf

-
Al Mac