From: bpcs-l-bounces+dsweeney=phoenixbcinc.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bpcs-l-bounces+dsweeney=phoenixbcinc.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Devin Bowen
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 9:23 AM
To: 'BPCS ERP System'
Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] BPCS Pick release process

You cannot change the item number on an order line (ECL) after picking.
The
IPP carries order #, line #, and item # and your pick slip provides
specific
info to the warehouse as to which items (lots and containers) a user is
pick from which locations (if you're using allocations then this info is
in
ELA - also keyed by order #, order line, and item #). The new item
should
be added to the order as a new order line which may then be pick
released
successfully. If the old line is no longer valid, it may be closed, but
very few other changes should be made since data integrity will be
impacted.

Hope this helps,

Devin