Al

Do a
DSPPGMREF PGM(BPCSPGMLIB/*ALL)
OUTPUT(*OUTFILE)
OUTFILE(YOURQGPL/PGMREF)

Then you can query file PGMREF to find all the pgms that reference file RAR (or any other file).
The WHFUSG filed in PGMREF will tell you whether a pgm is using the file for Input/Output or Update.

Hope this helps,
Colin Hadley.> Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 10:03:33 -0500> To: bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx> From: macwheel99@xxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [BPCS-L] RAR Downstream> > We're 405 CD on V5R1 long gone off OSG.> > We have BPCS tech support, but management not authorize call them unless > emergency. Instead I get string of challenges to figure out.> > Latest: A/R to be handled by another system outside of BPCS to get its info > from BPCS billing process, such as A/R invoice register, then invoice input > to RAR file, after cut-off date, to be deleted. Invoices prior to cut-off > date to be processed old way. SIL invoice file remain intact, since it > used in massive followup to support customer service inquiry, and price > increase analysis.> > I can write program to mass delete RAR on invoices after cut-off date. My > concern is unintended consequences downstream, so that I can have > alternative arrangements in place before they needed, instead of end-fiscal > time discovering mountains of problems. Other than invoices awaiting > customer payments, and where we apply credit debit memos, where else does > BPCS use RAR file data? I don't use XRF because in 405 CD its security > corrupts.> > For example, do ACR230 customer ranking and SAL300 sales history get info > from RCM customer master, which in turn from summarization of RAR? Where > in shipping billing cycle are SSH SSD history totals populated with latest > sales?> > I desire to know what else will be zapped due to RAR mass deletions, > because it relies on RAR content, so we can evaluate which of that we can > live without, and which needs some replacement system.> -> Al Macintyre> Never Knowing enough about BPCS> > > -- > This is the BPCS ERP System (BPCS-L) mailing list> To post a message email: BPCS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx> To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,> visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/bpcs-l> or email: BPCS-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives> at http://archive.midrange.com/bpcs-l.> > Delivered-To: colin_hadley@xxxxxxxxxxx
Get more from your digital life. Find out how.
http://www.windowslive.com/default.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Home2_082008